Preparation / Directions:
Makes 20 dessert-size portions or 52 cookies
1. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice; combine with sugar, flour, lemon peel, nutmeg and cheese, if desired.
2. Spread evenly over crust; sprinkle topping over apple mixture.
3. Bake in preheated 425 F. oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until apples are tender.
4. Serve warm, cut into dessert-size portions or narrow bar cookies.
1. Combine butter, sugar, beaten egg and vanilla; stir in flour and salt
2. Press into greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
Topping Makes about 1 cup
Combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.