Preparation / Directions:
1. Cream butter and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar until smooth. Add 1 cup of the flour and combine until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Press dough into an 8- or 9-inch square glass baking dish.
2. Microwave on 100% power 3 to 5 minutes, rotating dish if necessary for even doneness. Crust should lose all moist spots and look like a cooked pie shell (it will not brown).
3. Combine eggs, vanilla, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, remaining flour, and remaining brown sugar.
4. Spread mixture over crust. Microwave on 100% power 4 to 5 minutes, until set, rotating dish if necessary for even doneness.
5. Cool on wire rack, then cut into squares.
Makes 16 squares.
Note: You can substitute butterscotch chips for the chocolate, or use a combination of both.