|2 medium ears corn -- husked and washed
|2 medium 6 inch zucchini, cut in 1 inch slices
|2 medium 6 inch yellow squash cut in 1 inch slices
|2 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers --cut into 2-3 inch pieces
|2 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces
|6 medium tiny whole new red potatoes
|1 whole cherry tomatoes
|1 whole mushrooms
|1/2 cup butter, margarine, or olive oil
|1 package taco seasoning mix*
Preparation / Directions:
[Recipe Editor: you can substitute 1 tablespoon of Garry Howard's chili powder for the taco seasoning. Adjust salt to taste.]
1. Husk and wash corn. Cut each ear in 3 or 4 pieces. Sprinkle with water, wrap in foil and grill for 10 minutes. (Or parboil till almost cooked.)
2. Peel and wash carrots. Slices on the diagonal so you have 1/2 inch "planks". Sprinkle with water, wrap in foil and place on grill for 10 minutes. (or par boil till not quite tender crisp.)
3. Wash potatoes, sprinkle with water wrap in foil etc. as above. 4. Clean and cut remaining vegetables. Put veggies in a Ziploc bag with the melted butter and taco seasoning.
5. After corn, carrots and potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes, quickly thread them onto skewers with the other vegetables. Put back on grill.
6. Brush with remaining seasoning as they cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. When ready to serve, pour any remaining seasoning over top before eating.
**NOTE: Try also with Italian dressing, lemon pepper seasoning, basil herb butter, dry ranch dressing, Cajun or cayenne butter