Ruby Tuesday Potato Skins
|Course : Appetizers
Preparation / Directions:
1. Start by using leftover baked potatoes, cut them in half lengthwie, turn and then do it again. Once the potatoes are in 4 long pieces cut down the middle making 8 separate pieces.
2. Using a spoon scoop ou tthe pulp of each piece so that there is about 1/6 inch pulp left. ONce completed place potato skins in the freeser on wax paper.
3. Fill a large stockpot, or deep fryer with at least 6 inches of oil. (Oil expands when it is headed so be careful not to over fill the cooking vessel)
4. Bring the Vegetable oil to 375 F
5. Turn you oven to broil and move rack to next to highest position.
6. Place the potato skins in the oil for 3 minutes of unitl the skins are golden brown, be careful not to crowd the oil
7. Remove the skins from the oil and gently season with a little salt
8. Put skins in an oven safe pan that has been lightly sprayed with pam
9. Cover the skins with the cheese and bacon.
10. Put the potato skins under to broiler unitl the chees it melted 11. Top with green onions, salt, pepper, and sour cream