Preparation / Directions:
1. Mix together ground pork, ground shrimp, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, sugar, pepper and egg white until mixture is well blended.
2. Stir in cornstarch. Divide into 40 portions
3. Cut off the edges of won-ton skins to form circles if necessary.
4. Place 1 portion of filling in the middle of a wonton skin. Gather the edges of the wonton skin around the meat filling by placing the dumpling in the palm of your hand and closing around the filling. The top of the dumpling will remain undovered.
5. Dip a teaspoon in water and use to smooth the surface of the meat.
6. Garnish by placing a green pea or chopped egg yolk on top of meat. Gather the edges to form a waist. Repeat with remaining wonton skins and meat filling.
7. Line a steamer with a damp cloth or lettuce leaves and steam over high heat for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.