Preparation / Directions:
1. Leave cream cheese on counter to soften.
2. Drain pineapple very thoroughly (squeeze if needed).
3. Chop walnuts, onions and green pepper finely.
4. When cream cheese is softened (you can speed this up by microwaving on
power 30 for 1 or 2 minutes), add all ingredients, mix well and form into ball.
5. Refrigerate until cream cheese is firm again.
This spread goes well on crackers, bagels, celery (and other veggies) or
(my fave) low salt Triscuits.
For a party, you can dress this recipe up by cutting the top off a large
pineapple, forming the cream cheese ball into an oval, putting the pineapple
top onto the cream cheese oval (so that it looks like a pineapple), and
slicing or chunking the remainder of the pineapple as nibbles or garnish
around the cheese ball.
Difficulty : very easy.
Precision : approximate measurement