Preparation / Directions:
1. Sprinkle the exposed meat with salt and let it drain for 30 minutes.
2. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and make several incisions in the flesh.
3. Coat a baking pan with the olive oil and place the eggplant face-down in the pan. Bake it in an oven preheated to 200 øC for about 20-30 minutes, until tender.
4. Remove the eggplant and let it cool. Then scoop out the pulp and place it in a food-processor or blender. Discard the skin.
5. Place the garlic in the blender with the eggplant and puree. Add alternately the lemon juice and the tahini. Finally, blend in the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
6. Chill before serving. Sprinkle with paprika to add a bit of color, if you like. Serve with raw vegetables and toasted pita triangles.
Difficulty : easy. Precision : measure ingredients.