Preparation / Directions:
1. In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites at high speed of electric mixer, gradually adding 1/2 cup sugar, until soft peaks hold, about 5 minutes.
2. Melt margarine and chocolate over very low heat; cool slightly.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining sugar, margarine mixture, vanilla extract and egg yolks; beat together at high speed until thick and well blended, about 2 minutes.
4. Gently and thoroughly fold chocolate mixture into egg whites, half at a time.
5. Gently fold in flour, half at a time.
6. Gently fold in 1/4 cup peanuts.
7. Pour into ungreased 9-inch spring-form pan; bake in preheated 325 F. oven 1 hour, or until done.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from oven; cool on wire rack.
9. Combine remaining peanuts and apricot preserves.
10. With a sharp knife, evenly slice cake horizontally; invert top half of cake onto serving plate.
11. Spread cut half with apricot filling.
12. Invert remaining bottom half of cake and place on filling.
13. Glaze top and sides with Chocolate Glaze.
1. Melt together chocolate and margarine.
2. Combine with sifted confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until smoot