Preparation / Directions:
1. Place all chopped vegetables into a larege saucepan with the butter, oil and 3 tbsp of the stock or water. Cover and cook gently for about 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
2. Stir in the cumin seeds and cook for a minute, then add the remaining stock or water, dried thyme, bay, lemon juice and seasoning.
3. Bring to boil, cover and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Strain vegetables and reserve liquide. Food process the veg until smooth and creamy.
5. Return to pan, stir in the reserved stock and reheat. Check seasoning.
6. Serve with swirls of sour cream and a few sprigs of fresh dill.