Preparation / Directions:
1. Drop frozen South African rock lobster tails into boiling salted water. When water reboils, cook for 7 minutes.
2. Drain immediately and drench with cold water.
3. Cut along each edge of thin membrane with kitchen shears and strip off. Carefully remove meat from shells in one piece.
4. Chill tails; reserve shells.
5. In skillet, heat peanut oil. Add garlic, scallions, green pepper and celery; saute‚ for 5 minutes, or just until vegetables are tender-crisp.
6. Add bean sprouts and almonds; heat 5 minutes more.
7. Put chicken broth in saucepan; bring to a boil.
8. Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce; add to chicken broth and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and glossy.
9. Spoon hot vegetables into empty rock lobster shells.
10. With sharp knife, slice chilled rock lobster into very thin medallions and arrange overlapping slices on top of vegetables; spoon hot sauce carefully over all.