Preparation / Directions:
1. Crush enough strawberries to measure 1 cup; reserve remaining berries.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan; add crushed berries and water.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil; boil 1 minute.
4. Stir in lemon juice; add red food coloring as needed.
5. Cover and cool to lukewarm.
6. Beat cream and confectioners' sugar together until cream is stiff; stir in vanilla.
7. Layer 1/2 whipped cream into bottom of crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.
8. Add reserved hulled berries and top with cooled glaze.
9. Top with remaining whipped cream, placing several tablespoonfuls in a circle; chill 2 hours or longe