Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine plums, 1/4 cup sugar, walnuts, lemon peel and cinnamon; set aside.
2. Sift together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal.
3. Combine egg and milk; add to dry ingredients, stirring just to blend.
4. Turn out on floured surface; knead gently several times.
5. Roll dough to a 9 x 12-inch rectangle; spread with butter.
6. Spoon plum filling evenly over surface; roll up as for jelly roll and seal edge.
7. Cut in 12 slices and place in buttered muffin cups; bake in preheated 425 F. oven 20 minutes. Serve warm.