The Islands Rice-Fruit Salad
|Course : Fruit Salads
Preparation / Directions:
* Use your choice of chopped nuts. Walnuts and pecans are good choices.
1. Cook the 1 cup raw rice according to package directions.
2. Mix 2 cups boiling water with gelatin. Lightly grease a large gelatin mold or appropriately sized dish. Pour in the dissolved gelatin and chill until partially set.
3. Add cooked cooled rice, drained pineapple, whipped cream, sugar, walnuts or pecans and marshmallows. Mix well and chill until firm.
4. Turn gelatin onto large serving plate and make a decorative pattern with a few whole strawberries, mint leaves and lemon slices made into a lemon twist shape.