Preparation / Directions:
1. Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan on medium high heat. Fry cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf for 1 minute.
2. Add onions and fry until dark brown for about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
3. Also add garlic, ginger, tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
4. Sprinkle coriander powder, cumin powder, chile powder, turmeric, salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add yogurt to the above mixture and mix well. Finally add chicken pieces, cover and cook on medium heat until chicken is tender.
6. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with fried rice or chapatis.