Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut the chicken into serving pieces, cutting whole legs into two pieces and whole breasts into 6 pieces.
2. Spread chicken in single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well so that the chicken is well coated with salt and pepper. Repeat the process on other side.
3. Mix oil and butter in large skillet and heat over medium-high. When hot, add cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves and as many chicken pieces as pan will hold in single layer.
4. Fry the chicken until brown on both sides and transfer to oven proof casserole with a fork or spatula. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
5. Heat remaining oil in skillet and fry the almonds until golden brown. To this add raisins and stir well. Immediately pour contents of skillet over the chicken.
6. In another bowl, stir together yogurt, cumin powder, remaining salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place this mixture over chicken and stir well. Cover casserole and place in preheated oven and bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Repeat the process on other side for another 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
8. Garnish with lemon and onion slices and serve hot.