Preparation / Directions:
1. Trim the lamb chops and place them in a large saucepan with the cinnamon bark, bay leaf, fennel seeds, peppercorns, cardamoms, salt and milk. Bring to the boil over a high heat.
2. Lower the heat and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the milk has reduced to about half its original volume. At this stage, add the evaporated milk and lower the heat further. Simmer until the chops are cooked through and the milk has evaporated.
3. While the chops are cooking, blend together the yogurt, flour, chile powder, ginger, garam masala, garlic and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Remove the chops from the saucepan and discard the whole spices. Add the chops to the spicy yogurt mixture.
5. Heat the oil in a deep round-bottomed frying pan or wok. Lower the heat slightly and add the chops. Fry until they are golden brown, turning them once or twice as they cook.
6. Transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with mint sprigs and lime quarters.