Preparation / Directions:
Popular Milk Dessert from West Bengal.
Preparation time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Boil milk, add vinegar and stir until the milk curdles.
2. Pour it out in cold water and strain, to get chaina.
3. Boil sugar in water and make a thin syrup.
4. The paneeer or cottage cheese should be nicely beaten and smoothened. If found too soft, add fine wheat flour (a little) and form a soft dough.
5. Add pink color to the dough and mix.
6. Make oblong - shaped pieces of this dough and add to the boiling thin syrup.
7. When cooked, these balls (cham cham) will float on top.
8. Take little syrup and further dilute it by adding water.
9. Now dip the boiled cham chams into this diluted syrup and soak for 8 - 10 minutes.
10. Remove from syrup and place the cham chams in a platter. Pipe out some whipped sweetened cream over them.
11. Garnish the cham chams with chopped nuts as toppings.