Preparation / Directions:
Traditional rice dish from South India.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
1. Pressure cook the rice and set aside.
2. Roast dry the sesame seeds, powder fine, and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. ghee, fry the cashew nuts until golden and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. ghee and fry the grated coconut until reddish brown. Set aside.
5. Heat 2 tsp. oil, and add all the ingredients for tempering .
6. When the mustard seeds splutter, add the fried coconut. Mix well.
7. Sprinkle the sesame seeds powder. Garnish with the fried cashew nuts and serve hot.