Preparation / Directions:
1. Pierce two of the eyes in the top of the coconut, then drain out the coconut water and reserve it for another use. Break open the nut with a hammer, remove and grate the flesh. Reserve 1 tblsp. of the grated coconut.
2. To make coconut milk, place the grated coconut in a bowl, pour in the water and allow to stand for about 30 minutes. Blend the coconut and water in a blender, then strain through a sieve.
3. Grind the onion with the coriander leaves, chillies, garlic, poppy seeds, ginger and reserved coconut until the ingredients are reduced to a paste.
4. Melt the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the paste in it for two minutes. Add the cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms, continue to fry for a few minutes, then stir in the lemon juice.
5. Add the corn, coconut milk and salt, mix well and simmer for about ten minutes, until the corn is cooked. Squeeze the lemon juice over the curry before serving.