Preparation / Directions:
Makes 12 puffs
1. Heat water, butter and salt to a rolling boil in medium saucepan.
2. Add flour all at once; stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute, or until mixture leaves side of pan and forms a ball.
3. Remove from heat; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition until smooth and velvety.
4. Drop scant 1/4 cupfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheet; bake in preheated 400 F. oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
6. Prepare Chocolate Cream Filling. Slice top from each puff, fill, replace tops and chill.
Chocolate Cream Filling Makes 1 quart filling
1. Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in 2-quart saucepan; add milk.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat; gradually stir about half the mixture into egg yolks and return to saucepan.
4. Stir and heat just until boiling.
5. Remove from heat; blend in butter and vanilla.
6. Pour into bowl; press plastic wrap onto surface; cool.