Preparation / Directions:
Makes 12 giant-size cookies
1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
3. For giant cookies, spoon dough by half-cupfuls onto greased cookie sheets. (Keep them well spaced and away from edge of pan as cookies spread while baking.) Pat cookies with hands into flat rounds, about 5 to 6 inches across.
4. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 15 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
5. Cool on pan for first 5 minutes, then gently transfer to wire racks to cool completely.