Preparation / Directions:
* Use whole chickens that you cut into pieces or use breast only. If using
breast only you may need to shorten cooking time by a few minutes.
1. In large heavy skillet, heat a small amount of oil and brown chicken
on all sides. Drain and place in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
2. In a saucepan, melt the margarine and saute the onions until soft
and translucent. Combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.=
Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour this mixture over the
3. Bake in 350-degree oven for about 1 hour, basting occasionally.=
Cover loosely with foil if necessary while cooking the last 30 minutes.=
Serve this with any juices in pan.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Can be made ahead of time and warmed before serving.