Preparation / Directions:
Makes 2 1/4 lb.
1. Stir cream and milk just until mixed.
2. In heavy 4-quart saucepan mix together 1 1/2 cups of cream mixture, sugar and corn syrup.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
4. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until temperature registers 234 F. on candy thermometer, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into very cold water forms a soft ball that flattens on removal from water.
5. Slowly add remaining cream mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until temperature registers 244 F. on candy thermometer, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into very cold water forms a firm ball that does not flatten on removal from water.
6. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and nuts.
7. Pour into a greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; cool completely.
8. Turn out of pan onto board; cut into pieces and wrap in waxed paper.