Preparation / Directions:
Makes one 10-inch cake
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. Cream together margarine, sugar and orange peel until fluffy; gradually beat in egg substitute.
3. Add flour mixture alternately with skim milk and orange juice, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
4. Mix in pecans; beat until well blended.
5. Turn batter into a well-greased, floured 10-inch tube pan; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 50 minutes, or until done. (Before removing from pan immediately prick surface with a fork or cake tester.)
6. Pour warm Rum Syrup over cake; after syrup is absorbed, remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
7. When cake is completely cooled, prepare Confectioners' Sugar Glaze; pour and spread glaze over entire cake to form a smooth surface.
8. Allow to dry for 10 minutes before decorating; use red and green candied cherry pieces to make poinsettias and holly leaves.
1. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat; stir in orange juice and dark rum.
Confectioner.' Sugar Glaze
Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and brandy extract in a bowl; beat until s