Preparation / Directions:
TO MAKE BY MACHINE:
1. Place the ingredients in the order listed in your bread machine. Set it for Whole Wheat with a dark crust if you have that option.
TO MAKE BY HAND:
1. Dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup of lukewarm water and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Combine the remaining 1 cup of water, the oil, honey, and dissolved yeast in a small bowl. Combine the salt, bread flour, whole wheat flour, and quinoa in a large bowl. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until you have a smooth ball. Knead for 10 minutes on a lightly floured board. Place the dough in a lightly oiled mixing bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let rise until double in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
3. Punch the dough down, form into a loaf shape, and place in an oiled 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Cover with the towel and let it rise again until double its original size, about 1 hour.
4. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer registers 190°F (88°C). Set on a rack to cool.
Slice and enjoy!