Beer Beef Steak Stroganoff
|Course : Beef Steak
Serves: 6 - 8
Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut round steak into or 8 uniform serving pieces. Brown the slices in butter or shortening on both sides in a deep frying pan. Add onions, salt, black pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Now add beer and Worcester sauce. Cover and cook slowly for about 1-1/2 hours (or when the meat is tender) and then remove the meat to platter and keep hot.
3. Combine flour with water to make a smooth paste and add to the gravy in pan. Stir constantly until thickened.
4. Finally add sour cream and mushrooms.
5. To serve, pour-gravy over the steak and surround with mounds of whipped potatoes and small whole carrots. And if your quests are ready before the meal is, serve them a beer or two to wet their appetites and tickle their taste buds.